The Autumn Term ends on Friday 16th December 2016, and Spring Term begins on Monday 9th January 2017.
If you’re staying on or around our campuses over the Christmas break you’ll need to know what services and facilities are open during the vacation.
The University will close on Friday 23 December 2016 at 12 noon and re-open on Tuesday 3 January 2017. This covers all campuses, buildings and services, except student halls and campus security.
Resident Tutor cover has yet to be arranged for the vacation. If you are in need of this type of help lease see the Accommodation Office in Glamorgan Court, which is open 24×7. For more information about *Resident Tutor*s see Resident Tutors.
- Glyntaff Advice Zone – opening hours will be 10am to 4pm from the 19th of December until the 9th of January. Usual term-time hours can be found here.
Newport City Campus
- Advice Zone – outside term time opening hours are 10am-4pm, excepting 23rd December, 10am-12pm, and when the campus is closed.
- Treforest Health Centre – closed from 3pm on Fri 16th Dec and will reopen for normal working hours on Monday 9th January 2017. If you require health advice during this period please contact your GP surgery or NHS Direct Wales 0845 46 47.
- Treforest Advice Zone and Student Administration – outside term time opening hours are 10am-4pm, except Christmas Eve 10am-12pm.
- Cash Office and Revenue Office – The Treforest Cash Office will be open 9am – 11am on the 23rd and not be open again until 3rd January. The Revenue Office will be open 9am – 12.30pm on the 23rd and not be open again until 3rd January.
- SU Shop – Open as usual until Thursday 15th. On that Thursday and Friday the shop will be open from 8am until 6pm. It is then closed from the 17th December, re-opening on the 9th Jan.
Although the number of appointments may be reduced slightly during the vacation, Student Support reception at Treforest will be open normal term-time hours, except during the campus closure period.
These normal hours are: Monday-Friday: 9.30am-4.30pm
Support services include:
What are these?